Minimum five years’ experience installing and maintaining high and low voltage systems with recent experience in the maintenance and operation of commercial or institutional buildings. Must possess demonstrated proficiency in the use of industry-recognized diagnostic testing and troubleshooting equipment. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations required to accurately size and install system components and devices. Must be able to read and interpret detailed plans, drawings, specifications, operating manuals and other written materials associated with this trade. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with peers and customers.
- Massachusetts Journeyman or Master Electrician license for minimum period of five years.
- Valid State driver’s license and driving history satisfactory to meet Campus Services standards.
- Required to supply a complete set of hand tools.
- Must be willing to work in research laboratory environments and around hazardous materials.
- Must be willing to accept a reasonable amount of overtime in support of group business needs.
- Required to wear a clean, neat uniform and maintain a professional image at all times.
- Required to wear safety equipment and clothing when appropriate and/or required.
- Must provide Campus Services with your current home address and telephone number at all times.
- Basic keyboard proficiency and understanding of Windows® based software.
Must be able to stoop and bend repeatedly and work on hands and knees and other awkward positions for extended periods. Must be able to lift up a minimum of 50 lbs. and to push, pull and transport piping and equipment in excess of 200 lbs. with others (may use chain falls and come a longs for heavier lifting). Must be able to routinely walk to and from various buildings or work sites carrying tools, equipment and other essentials. Must be able to work alone, in confined spaces and extreme temperatures, climb multiple sets of stairs, work off ladders, staging, lifts or other elevated platforms.
Critical Operations Personnel