Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Electrical Technician responsible for maintaining, servicing, and troubleshooting equipment and site property; making adjustments and/or mechanical/electrical repairs to the machines and equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Observes automation in operation and troubleshoots to locate root causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special function and structural parts in devices.
- Assist Electrical Support personnel in advanced troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting of automated machinery.
- Initiates work order for parts for machines.
- Programming of Allen Bradley PLCs, HMI's, Vision Systems and networking.
- Troubleshoot electrical panels and components.
- Engineer MTBF improvements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules , operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program