California Steel Industries, Inc. is the largest producer of flat rolled steel and API grade pipe in Western North America. With 900+ employees generating nearly $1.4 billion in revenue, we are positioned to grow our business and looking to establish a pool of experienced electricians for future positions in multiple departments within our organization.
Typical duties include:
- Reading, modifying and writing PLC programs.
- Interpreting UC programing to identify equipment causing production line stops.
- Repairing, installing, constructing, and modifying electronic and electrical equipment.
- Analyzing all types of circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings required to repair, install, adjust, calibrate, construct, modify or service all types of electronic and electrical devices and systems including communication systems.
- Repairing various mill and production equipment, electronic computing and control systems, power and distribution control equipment, measuring, and recording control devices, indicating devices and gauges, etc.
- Planning details of working procedure to determine material or replacement needs and selects a logical approach to troubleshooting and repair problems. Answering trouble calls.
- Assembling, inspecting adjusting, repairing or replacing faulty parts and wiring on all types of electronic and electrical devices. Making mechanical and electrical repairs as required.
- Maintaining, installing and repairing all communication cables or wiring. Making power cable splices.
The position requires 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment (or related military experience) as a maintenance electrician / electronic technician. Candidates must have experience maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical and electronic equipment using a wide variety of diagnostic tools. Knowledge and theory of AC/DC motors, variable speed drives for AC and DC motors, programmable logic controllers and digital/analog electronics is necessary to work on a wide variety of large production and material handling equipment.
Beginning base pay will depend on experience and education. In addition to base compensation, CSI also offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision benefits, 120 hours of paid personal leave to start, a 6% match on 401(k) contributions, and two profit sharing plans. Although not guaranteed, the profit sharing plans have paid out over $7,000 on average to each employee annually since 1992.
If you are looking for a new opportunity with an excellent company that includes a comprehensive benefits package, please visit us at www.californiasteel.com and apply to this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Two Profit Sharing plans