Evergreen Packaging, a global leader in paper packaging solutions, makes paper and paperboard products designed to deliver product freshness, brand distinction and supply chain assurance. Global brands trust us to protect their products and their reputations. As a vertically integrated manufacturer, we leverage scientific expertise and Manufacturing Excellence principles to bring great products to market worldwide. Sustainability is at the heart of all we do. We are leaders in promoting responsible forestry and recycling for our packaging formats. Our team members are the cornerstone of building a sustainable business. Our trust-rich culture reflects a passionate commitment to collaboration, participation, ownership and resourcefulness.
Our MaintenanceElectrician at Evergreen PackagingAthensis responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing manufacturing and facility equipment. The Maintenanceelectrician must have excellent mechanical and electrical skills and be able to troubleshoot PLC controlled printing and packaging equipment utilizing a laptop computer.
A minimum of three to five-years experience is needed in the maintenance field with manufacturing experience preferred.Our maintenanceelectrician is a team player with good communication skills and able to interact with all areas of the facility in a team environment, and committed to excellence.
- Use computer to check status of jobs/electrical repairs that need to be completed.
- Inspect and test electrical malfunctions, using testing instrument, manuals, guides, and blueprints, etc.
- Repair or perform preventative maintenance of equipment and electrical circuits.
- Perform maintenance and mechanical repairs.
- Fabricate and weld brackets, etc.
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connect cables and wire between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment. Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components for high voltage and low voltage.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cable using hand tools.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Install conduit and other wiring.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, machines, etc.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Understand and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) requirements.
- Comply with facility safety requirements including wearing the required PPE and following all of the safety rules and procedures.
- Minimum High School diploma/GED
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in maintenance.
- MUST be able to pass Ramsay Assessment (testing knowledge of mechanical (60 questions) and electrical (60 questions)skills.
- Machining skills (work on a mill, lath, grinder, saw, drill, etc.)
- Welding experience (tig, stick)
- Proficient at reading/interpreting blue prints and schematics (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic)
- Plumbing skills (threading, soldering joints, etc.)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting and experience withMechanical Systems(gears, pulleys, chains, belts, shafts, industrial gear boxes, water pumps, air compressors, HVAC experience A+)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting and experience withElectrical Systems(AC circuits-motors and drives, DC circuits-motors and drives, 480 Volts 3 phase, transformers, control power, relays)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting and experience withPneumatic Systems(valves, controls, pressure, flow, cylinders)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting and experience withHydraulic Systems(valves, controls, pressure, flow, cylinders)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting and experience withElectronic Systems(controls, ladder logic, PLC programming, C programming A+)
- Good attendance and work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.Self-motivated
- Ability to stand 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment as required.
- Able and willing to work rotating swing shift, overtime, and occasional weekends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as anexhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, maral status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.