This position will require the ability to repair, maintain and install production machinery, with a strong focus on electrical systems and electrical troubleshooting. As a result, the right candidate will have the knowledge in panel building, ladder logic troubleshooting, motor controls and VFD installation, ability to connect to and troubleshoot AB PLC's and panels, as well as essential mechanical skills. Candidate will have the ability to make small PLC program changes and up to writing and implementing advanced logic. The successful candidate will use mustimeters, amp probes, and other tools to troubleshoot electrical problems. Quick line changeovers are also performed as necessary by this position. To be successful, the individual will be familiar with electrical schematics, ladder logic and various electrical drawings.
* Repair and maintain high speed filling, packaging, and support equipment.
* Practice safe work habits. Follows proper lock out tag out procedures as required. Completes all OSHA required training as required and correct any unsafe conditions as necessary. Knowledgeable in OSHA laws and regulations.
* Responds to calls from line supervisors or operators to repair equipment as needed.
* Provides breaks to machine operators or runs equipment when needed.
* Performs package change-overs on equipment as required.
* Schedule and perform preventative maintenance on equipment as required.
* Participates in daily meetings and reports maintenance department objectives and opportunities.
* Installing/rebuilding various production or plant support equipment as needed.
* Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic devices and hydraulic systems.
* Develop preventative maintenance needs and requirements.
* Perform pipefitting activities for water, air, or hydraulic systems.
* Fabricate machine small parts, brackets, or guards as needed.
* Troubleshoot mechanical or electrical problems in a timely manner.
* Independently performs all assignments after being given general instructions as to the results expected.
* Takes the lead and initiates resolution of technical, unusual or complex problems or issues.
* Interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
* Coordinates several projects at the same time while prioritizing competing demands on time availability.
* Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
* Troubleshoot digital and analog systems.
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to peers and management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and may be required to push or pull with a dolly or pallet jack up to 500 lbs.
Technicians will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include but not limited to air respirator, safety glasses and ear plugs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but increases significantly in warehouse and manufacturing areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* High School Diploma or GED. Some technical college preferred.
* Minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience in related field with proven industry experience, food and beverage experience a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to read and interpret machine/electrical drawings and schematics.
* Computer literacy required with proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
* PLC experience a must.
* Excellent AC and DC circuit knowledge.
* Knowledgeable in electrical installations for main and control power wiring as well as installing conduit.
* Developing action plans and implementing related corrective measures.
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Refrigeration system knowledge and experience a plus.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
* Favorable background and drug exam.
* Ability and willingness to work 12 hour shifts and the flexibility to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include days, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
Shasta Beverages, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, genetics, gender identity, disabled veterans or sexual orientation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled