At General Cable, we offer our employees opportunities to sharpen their skills every day through rich assignments, focused performance-driven training and a highly interactive, relationship-driven team environment. Our employees are exposed to a wide range of experiences and are encouraged to express their ideas for continuous improvement.
Performs all tasks involved in the repair of heavy industrial equipment. Follows standard work procedures and complies with all safety rules. Works from written and verbal instructions, procedures and work orders. Performs tasks in accordance with documented set practices. Maintains product quality based on established procedures. Performs other duties as directed by management.
Primary Work Duties Include:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to carry out verbal or written instructions
- Ability to meet attendance guidelines
- Ability to work overtime (over 40 hours in workweek, or more than 8 hours per day)
- Ability to work rotating shift schedule, or night shifts.
- Electrical and electronic troubleshooting and repair knowledge
- Repair and replacement of large (up to 10,000#) and small machinery components
- Working in cramped areas requiring considerable dexterity
- Removing, lifting, carrying of heavy objects
- Squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, bending, grasping and manipulating machinery parts almost continuously
- Due to the need for climbing and working in high places the person can not exhibit signs of Acrophobia (fear of heights).
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic
- Previous electrician experience in a manufacturing environment
- PLC experience is a plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This job is performed almost exclusively indoors. It is located in a high noise area. Safety glasses with side shields, ear protection, and safety shoes are required in all production areas. The following additional personal protective equipment is required for this job, and must be used as appropriate: cotton/canvas gloves and cut resistant gloves/sleeves. Must be able to push or pull 100 pounds infrequently and pull up to 75 pounds and push up to 65 pounds routinely. Must be able to lift 50 pounds infrequently and routinely lift 25 pounds.