- Install, repair and provide electrical and mechanical support for the installation, repair and maintenance of electronic/electrical controls and mechanical systems on manufacturing machinery.
- Perform installation and maintenance of a variety of electrical equipment.
- Diagnose electrical, programmable controller and mechanical malfunctions, determine and perform corrective action required.
- Replace, repair or adjust defective or worn electrical system components.
- Determine the correct method and sequence of operation, selection of materials to be used, and work direction.
- Work closely with production machinists. Replace, adjust and calibrate components to align control apparatus to required operating specifications.
- Work closely with and coordinate procedures with other resources such as engineers, production machinist, contractors, etc., on the installation of new equipment or the changeover of plant layout requiring the movement of machines and control equipment.
- Assemble, test and modify motor control devices, programmable controllers, transformers, and other electrical components.
- Develop and verify electrical documentation for equipment, wiring diagrams, procedures and related data.
- Use lock out – tag out procedures applicable to equipment when servicing, repairing, or installing.
- Use safety equipment to comply with state and federal regulations, report all safety and environmental hazards, and attend safety and environmental training programs.
- Complete repairs in a timely manner and follow up with customers to ensure work was complete and effective.
Scope and Impact
- Identifies and resolves day-to-day technical and operational problems.
- Works under general supervision.
- Prioritizes and completes multiple tasks with minimal management oversight.
- Makes decisions that impact the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of the department's and manufacturing's daily operation.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Competent in reading schematics to troubleshoot and diagnose control and motor circuits
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using common electrical test instruments.
- Possess a working knowledge of general mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatic diagnosis and repairs.
- Skilled in maintenance and repair of magnetic and electronic control systems.
- Capable of making specific suggestions on system design improvements or modifications and installing per blueprint.
- Thorough understanding of electrical safety practices. Demonstrated PLC knowledge strongly desired and to include: reading and understanding ladder logic, I/O fundamentals, downloading procedures and comprehension of programming procedures.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Capable of clearly explaining thoughts and events verbally and in writing.
Relationships: Internal / External
- Works with peers, staff members and management on cross-departmental projects.
- Frequent contact with staff members across all manufacturing departments.
Certifications / Education
- Minimum of High School Diploma and extensive experience performing industrial electrical troubleshooting and maintenance. Candidates with some experience and a vocational /technical degree in electrical maintenance strongly preferred.
- Maintenance or Journeyman Electrician License is an additional plus.
- Significant experience working in an industrial setting in a maintenance capacity with a wide range of production machinery is strongly desired.
- Partnership / Focusing on Customers / Championing Innovation
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America