Ensure that all maintenance functions, including preventative maintenance are completed in a timely manner and are safety compliant.
* Oversees the property grounds, public areas and hotel guest rooms
* Conducts preventative maintenance to prevent breakdowns in hotel accommodations
* Paints, replaces electrical accessories, maintains HVAC
* Responds to guest complaints in a timely manner
* Fulfills work orders in a timely manner
* Completes daily rounds, identifying and reporting problems
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 3 years in a hotel maintenance position
* In-depth knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and general carpentry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Basic math skills
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
* Excellent time management skills
* Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
* Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
* Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
* Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
* Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
* Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled