Position: Maintenance Technician/Engineer
Esperanto Developments is a dynamic hospitality management company which brings success to all its stakeholders.
We achieve this with a diverse and talented team by exceeding expectations of guests, associates and owners.
We bridge the gap between risk and reward providing tools and confidence to take on bigger and bolder opportunities.
We pride ourselves on building strong partnerships never losing sight that profitability begins with people and relationships.
Esperanto Developments Vision is to be recognized as an innovative market leader changing the hospitality industry. We lead on a path to meaningful growth and make positive impact in the lives of all.
Esperanto Development LLC. Is a leading hotel management company with a premier track record of maximizing profitability and improving asset values for hotel owners. From hotel operations and property management to electronic distribution and interactive marketing, Esperanto Development achieves superior operating results through its strong commitment to guests, associates and owners.
The maintenance position repairs and maintains facility buildings and equipment. He/she repairs include building and room renovation, plumbing, painting, sheetrock work, electrical, and carpentry. This position also may require the completion of custodial work as necessary. To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills and Requisites:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Experience in Maintenance Engineering and basic carpentry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
- Check work orders and night report for any problems.
- Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the hotel.
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office.
- Perform electrical work orders: a) Replace light switches. b) Reset circuit breakers. c) Replace wall plug receptacles. d) Replace fluorescent light ballast. e) Replace electrical solenoid valve. f) Replace small motors. g) Use test equipment; multimeter, voltage tester, amp probe.
- Perform plumbing work orders: a) Unplug sinks, toilets, garbage disposals and drain lines. b) Repair or replace valves, gate, globe, ball, solenoid valves. c) Replace washer, gaskets, vacuum breakers, toilet seals. d) Work with different types of pipe including conduit, copper, black, cast iron and pipe hangers.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance work orders: a) Monitor and maintain all laundry and dry cleaning equipment. b) Monitor and maintain all kitchen equipment. c) Maintain guestrooms using Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program Punch List. d) Change air-conditioning filters every month. e) Check HVAC equipment; change filters, belts, bearings and lubricate as necessary. Also check for unusual noise or vibration, adjusting as necessary. f) Change or repair locks as needed. g) Cut and mark keys for guestroom key inventory.
- Check and test-run emergency generator weekly.
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas.
- Assist electrician, carpenter, plumber and painter in all phases of repair work.
- Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by supervisor in regards to routine and preventive maintenance
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area to include: a) inventories b) requisition (receipt and storage) c) trash removal and clean up
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools. Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces.
- Ensure security of any assigned keys.
At Esperanto Developments, we are dedicated to creating and sustaining meaningful hospitality careers for our associates. We support our associates with highly competitive salaries, outstanding health, benefits, extensive training and development programs, promotion within the organization, and a positive team-based culture where people make the difference.
Esperanto Developments, is an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws, which can include race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or physical or mental disability unrelated to job requirements. Esperanto Development policies also provide for a drug-free workplace, where the use, possession, or influence of illegal drugs or alcohol while on company time is generally prohibited. An employee's use (or abuse) of legally prescribed medication may also implicate company policy, where it impairs judgment or work performance or otherwise creates workplace safety risks.