ONE Lodging - now part of Aimbridge Hospitality
The Maintenance Engineer will support all aspects of property maintenance, to include grounds, guest rooms, kitchen/breakfast room prep areas and other public and back of house areas. The Maintenance Engineer will execute projects in support of preventive maintenance and equipment maintenance programs, and will help to maintain the hotel's HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems. The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Engineer is to ensure that maintenance requests are completed in a timely, thorough and quality fashion.
- Work with Chief Engineer in conducting regular walkthroughs to accurately assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel
- Complete tasks related to routine maintenance of public spaces, guest rooms, back of house areas, pool and grounds.
- Complete tasks related to repairs, renovations and replacement of furniture, fixtures and equipment throughout the property.
- Maintain on-going communication with Chief Engineer, fellow Maintenance Engineers and hotel department heads regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment.
- Support effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs as directed. Anticipate and follow through on guests' service needs.
- Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Immediately report and follow up on any significant maintenance issues and safety hazards.
- Support other departments and fellow Engineers, as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Chief Engineer, Sales Director and other leadership team members.
- 1-2 years of previous maintenance work experience in an operational service environment is required.
- Previous hotel industry work experience is highly desired.
- HVAC certification and/or other specializations are a plus.
- Basic to thorough knowledge of all aspects of hotel maintenance, to include plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, machine repair and boilers.
- Some knowledge of local building, fire, health and safety codes is preferred.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Ability to adhere to expectations and standards for accuracy, friendliness, speed, quality and efficiency.
- Willingness and ability to support fellow team members in reaching departmental goals.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.