Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Chief Engineer
The maintenance engineer is responsible for hotel guestroom preventive maintenance and assists in the repairs and
maintenance of hotel equipment.
- Respond to all guest’s requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Complete work order requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain all mechanical areas in an orderly and clean condition.
- Inspect public areas daily for any issues.
- Repairs may include plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishing and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light carpentry, door and window repairs.
- Maintain the Rooms Preventative Maintenance Program and consistently keep updated records on file.
- Have knowledge of swimming pool maintenance and chemicals.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers and supervisors. Follow company policies and procedures.
- Perform skilled repair and maintenance operations using power tools, hand tools, welding equipment.
- Maintain working spaces in safe and clean condition.
- Know hotels emergency procedures and where all emergency shut-offs are located.
- Assist hotel Guests when necessary in case of an emergency.
- Perform special projects assigned a time set for each project.
- Support environmental commitments by having the knowledge, skills and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry.
- Watch for safety hazard
- Be ready and willing to complete the job as necessary.
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Prior Maintenance experience
· Has thorough knowledge and understanding of general repairs and maintenance.
· Must possess very good interpersonal and communication skills; will be interfacing with a high percentage of guests as well as other staff members.
· Must be flexible to work all shifts, may be required to work overtime on occasion when the department is short of staff.
- The ability to listen, learn, be helpful in all situations and make the most sound decisions toward the resolution of a potential problem.