- Resolving Chronic Lost time issues with machines and process
- Overseeing Autonomous Maintenance (AM) Program
- Supervising Indirect Materials Department
- Supervising Industrial Engineer for Maintenance
- Maintaining the Preventative Maintenance (PM) / Predictive Maintenance (PdM) Program
- Project management and Shutdown Planning
Resolve Chronic Lost time issues for machines and processes
- Using structured problem-solving techniques to address chronic machine and process issues
- Develop and execute action plans to reduce assembly lost time
- Ensure the site’s AM Program aligns with the GKN Standard
- Develop the appropriate AM checks and routes to be performed by assembly cell operators
- Coordinate AM Training Programs as requested by production
- Work with Indirect Stores Technician to determine Key Performance Indicators for Indirect Stores
- Generate continuous improvement plans for the indirect Stores
- Supports Roxboro Indirect Stores as “back up” when Stores Technician is out of the plant
- Works with Stores Technician for coordinating the evaluation and disposition of excess and obsolete indirect stores tooling and spare machine part inventory
- Supports the Physical Inventory Process as needed
- Assists Stores Technician in Monitoring and Control MRO spend
- Attends Machine Prove-offs to assess new equipment against GKN Roxboro standards to ensure acceptable machine performance and avoid increases to indirect stores
- Coordinate with Industrial Engineer (IE) all plant cell moves and the transition to the 5 year plan
- Help prioritize IE task to help support plant deliverables including but limited to IT support projects, plant layouts, capacity studies, tooling database management, etc
- Work with IE to determine Key Performance Indicators for IE Role and generate continuous improvement plans for industrial engineering for maintenance
- Lead and participate in Kaizen activities across the plant
- Responsible for reducing machine related downtime on all cells through the administration of an effective Preventative/Predictive Maintenance Program.
- Coordinates the PM/PdM Schedule/calendar with Production and the Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintains all PM/PdM documentation and coordinates any follow up work that was identified during the PM/PdM Procedures.
- Oversees Maintenance of Company Owned Vehicles to ensure safe operation
- Responsible for Coordinating the Indirect Stores requests (tooling/spare parts) with MEs for items identified during PMs/PdMs
- Coordinates with Maintenance Supervisor to schedule labor (internal and contract) and materials for project work and shutdown activities
- Coordinates work load between shifts for Weekend Production Support and Project Work
- Lead capital and non-capital projects from inception to completion as needed for the site
- Coordinates with external contractors on regular basis to assist work completion
- Primary Back up for Maintenance Supervisor in his/her absence
- Other activities and responsibilities as assigned
4 year college degree or better in a maintenance/technical field and minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing environment
Possess strong structured problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
Must be flexible to support all three shifts as needed to address the plant’s needs.
Demonstrated mechanical/maintenance ability
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Willing to develop individual leadership skills & aspire to grow within the company to higher levels of leadership
Demonstrate a sense of urgency when performing job tasks
Should be able to work independently under minimum instruction.
Must be able to travel as needed (International and Domestic).
Express good work behaviors and show initiative
Display good team working skills, adaptability to change and a willingness to learn new technology
Must have excellent PC skills and experience (CAD, CMMS, MS Office Suite, MS Project)
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.