ENGINEERING MAINTENANCE MANAGER - Heavy Industry
Our client is looking for a talented Maintenance Manager/Electrical Engineer who will have responsibility for the leadership and development of our clients Maintenance Team, while leading all Maintenance Department activities.
KEY REQUIREMENTS Include:
- 7+ years progressive experience in a key leadership role in a manufacturing or industrial Maintenance organization.
- 10+ years of experience working in a Manufacturing/Industrial environment.
- 5+ years of strong, collaborative, leadership experience, team building and coaching/mentoring
- 7+ years of experience in TPM and Continuous Improvement
- Must have electrical experience and troubleshooting experience with Allan Bradley controls.
- Must have extensive hands on hydraulics experience.
- Must be highly technical and have the following skills and understanding:
- AC/DC drives
- Troubleshoot PLC controls (programming experience not required)
- Electronic Control Systems
- Three-phased power and motor controls
- Hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience implementing & using continuous improvement/lean tools (i.e. Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, A3's and PCDA) to drive improvement.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and application associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Understands that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority
- Must be able to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Fluency in English is mandatory, other languages a plus
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced, goal-oriented production atmosphere
- Expectations are that this position will spend approximately 60% of time on the shop floor
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other engineering field HIGHLY preferred.
SOFTWARE: Proficiency with MS Office, ERP and TPM programs and CAD Programs. Must be very computer literate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Include:
- Safety: Removing hazards and sending team home the same way they arrived!
- Leading Maintenance Team including Mentoring and Coaching.
- Maximizing equipment uptime.
- Works closely with the Production Team to increase safety, productivity & profitability within the manufacturing operation.
- Capital project development and execution
- Provide leadership and direction to staff of skilled maintenance personnel
- Develop, coordinate, manage all facility & machinery maintenance, preventative maintenance programs & activities
- Ensure plant meets all safety, quality and environmental requirements
- Develops & implements maintenance strategies to improve equipment reliability & minimize unplanned downtime
- Plans maintenance operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing equipment repairs, improvements, and preventive maintenance
- Reviews operational schedules and coordinates maintenance activities to ensure production and quality of products meet both internal and external customer specifications
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
- Develops or revises standard operational and work practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures
- Continually drive top 5 downtime
- Align operator care program (TPM similarities)