Maintenance and Engineering Manager
We are currently seeking a Maintenance and Engineering Manager for our Norco, LA Site located on the Mississippi River. This is a great role for an individual seeking to eventually step into a plant manager role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates and leads efforts for improving assigned unit productivity and reliability.
- Works to ensure a safe working environment for employees and environmental compliance for area of responsibility.
- Supervises plant test runs. Implements new process designs and equipment changes.
- Executes all activities per PSM requirements and aids in the training of unit personnel as needed.
- Participates in the safety audits program(s). Attends or leads safety meetings for unit personnel.
- Participates in all EHS incident investigations and complete corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Oversee capital/maintenance project process and supervise the maintenance function.
- Manage the "Top 10” reliability issues to implement cost effective solutions.
- Lead the development/implementation of Reliability Excellence components.
- Identify, monitor and maintain key performance indicators (KPI's), and drive data access to the operator/craftsman level.
- Facilitates positive change in the Maintenance & Engineering organization by pro-actively driving department initiatives. Acts as a change agent in implementing cross-functional plant business objectives.
- Act as the backup for the current plant manager with direct and indirect reports.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Team leadership and coordination skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Facilitation skills to align maintenance & engineering to business objectives
- Strong technical and mechanical background recognizing the sensitivity of customer requirements
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ownership to drive organization results and improvement
- Assist site in achieving world class safety and environmental compliance
- BS Degree in a Engineering required, Mechanical engineering degree is a plus
- 4-6 years minimum experience, (with some supervisory experience) in a manufacturing facility
- Working knowledge of PSM programs
- Must have chemical plant experience