To work under the direction of the Maintenance or Production Team Leader in support of the production process, by performing complex maintenance repair and rebuilding of all plant equipment required to maintain optimum capabilities on a 24-hour-a-day, seven day a week basis.
- Take personal responsibility to translate safety policies, goals and standards from paper into action. Follow prescribed safety policies, procedures and standards in completion of assigned tasks. Complete all required inspections, audits, work orders and reports. Communicate and document hazards and substandard conditions and/or acts. Immediately correct substandard conditions and acts to the best of your ability. Report all near misses to your team leader and assist as requested in near miss and incident investigations.
- Maintain, repair, rebuild and fabricate parts when required for all types of industrial equipment used in the production of cement.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnose equipment problems and performs necessary repairs and reports findings to supervision.
- Works from detailed prints and equipment manuals to fabricate parts and repair equipment as necessary.
- Performs gas and arc welding, layout, pipefitting and millwright functions.
- Direct and train inexperienced or lesser experienced employees in above duties.
- Full compliance with plant, state and federal safety regulations and general work rules. Use of proper lock-out procedure and personal protective equipment.
- Responds to emergency breakdown and repairs which may occur on a 24-hour-a-day, seven day per week basis.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to carry out not only simple, but complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience
- Good mathematical skills, including basic math, fractions and conversions of four-five digit numbers and common units of measurement in both metric and decimal system
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently to be able to read technical information contained in manuals, reports, and welding work related instruction, including safety issues and matters
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, mechanics, leadmen, welders, maintenance personnel-and co-workers and outside contractors
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge to detect potential safety hazards, breakdown of machinery and equipment
- Must have the ability to operate standard maintenance machines, equipment and powered mechanic tools. To cut, and mount fabricated components needed to repair equipment
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties
- Ability to develop other technical and management skills for future promotion
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio