Perform general groundskeeping and craft maintenance on campus buildings and equipment, consistent with job description. Perform preventive maintenance and repair of equipment. Operate tractors, mowers, trucks, dump truck with spreader, and backhoes. Assist in performing electrical, HVAC, carpentry and plumbing repairs, installations and overhauls. Individual will work alone and/or as part of a team.
- Drive campus vehicle to pick up and/or deliver supplies, materials or passengers.
- Assist in loading and unloading vehicles and moving heavy boxes and supplies.
- Follow prescribed safety regulations and inform management of potential risks or hazards.
- Complete work requests and notify management of repair work and required materials.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Cut grass, plant shrubbery, weed gardens, mulch, remove snow and spread salt; assist in painting outside surfaces, laying concrete and constructing fences and other fixtures, clean basins and yard drains.
High School Diploma/GED required. Prior groundskeeping and maintenance experience required. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions and possess good communications skills. Must be able to work at heights above 50 feet. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and operate various powered hand tools/equipment. Must have a valid PA Driver's license and verified good driving record.
Preferred qualifications also include:
- Landscape design, installation, maintenance, horticulture, or turf management degree
- Prior landscaping and maintenance work in a commercial/institutional setting
- Thorough knowledge of operation and maintenance of excavation equipment
- Use, operation, and repair of commercial landscaping equipment