Exciting opportunity for an experienced maintenance professional to join our opening team as the Chief Engineer of a brand new Courtyard and TownePlace Suites Marriott in Agoura Hills!
Job Title: Maintenance Manager/Chief
Seeking an experienced maintenance professional to lead our engineering team.
Full time employees are eligible for these benefits:
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
Reports to: General Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for supervision of maintaining the entire hotel facility and maintenance personnel, including ongoing room maintenance programs, mechanical systems, plumbing systems, grounds keeping, and pool/spa maintenance.
- Ensures all required repairs and maintenance is performed on all hotel equipment and assets as scheduled or requested by Guests, Housekeeping, and management. Such duties could consist of HVAC, plumbing and electrical repairs, and furniture repair/replacement, laundry equipment, etc.
- Maintains hotel grounds and building exterior.
- Supervises all outside contractors to ensure they are fulfilling their contractual requirements.
- Performs preventative maintenance on hotel equipment and assets per set schedule.
- Performs daily walk through. Records all meter readings and boiler temperatures.
- Orders supplies and monitors the department budget.
- Monitors all life safety systems and ensures we are in compliance with all corporate/brand standards and all federal, state and local laws.
Directing Team Members
- Hires, trains, supervises, coaches, and counsels team members.
- Schedules team members taking into consideration expected Guest arrivals and departures, occupancy levels, Guest service needs, and budgetary guidelines.
- Maintains and facilitates effective training programs.
- Enforces proper grooming and dress code for department personnel.
- Ensures that all operations of Engineering equipment and procedures are understood and performed safely in accordance with company guidelines and government regulations.
- Prepares and renders annual performance evaluations for all team members.
- Ensures that a proper key control program is followed.
- Monitors work order volume and prioritizes assignments for team as necessary.
- Provides written detail of work performed on work order forms and other documents.
- Records all maintenance request work performed.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports to identify and track trends in order to anticipate future work projects and costs.
- Informs Front Desk and Housekeeping of rooms where work is being performed so they can be put out of order as needed. Notify Front Desk and Housekeeping when work is complete.
- Leads hotel Safety Committee.
- Has open communication with other departments on work they may need done.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with Guests, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Knows hotel emergency procedures and where all emergency shut-offs are located. Assists hotel guests when necessary in case of an emergency.
- Facilitates all Emergency Response Training and Safety Training for hotel team members.
- Performs special projects assigned in allotted time set for each project.
- Performs all other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other departments, Guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically handle difficult situations and people.
- Technical Skills: Basic computer skills. Facility maintenance skills, knowledge of proper chemical handling, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and small appliance repair skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report, or schedule form.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid drivers’ license, vehicle insurance.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Able to work with little or no supervision. Operate equipment such as, but not limited to, pool/spa filter pump, hand tools, power tools, leaf blower, sweeper, and pressure washer. Ability to solve basic mathematical problems, use a tape measure, and understand liquid and weighted volumes. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Hotel or building maintenance experience required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions
- Requires exposure to hazardous equipment, minor burns, cuts, bites or stings
- Body Positioning – Requires bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, requires kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling, walking and running, and standing
- Requires lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lifting and/or moving more than 100 pounds.
- Vision – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus are required for this job.