Responsible and accountable for the coordination and direction of all maintenance activity toward the achievement of maximum efficiency of operations with assurance of producing quality products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, assign, and direct work within assigned areas through supervisors to ensure that plant is maintained in order to produce and ship product at the lowest possible cost consistent with established specifications for quality and quantity.
- Make recommendations to Plant Manager concerning policies, procedures, techniques, facilities, and any other matter relative to the effective operation of the department and company.
- Provide resources and guidance to all maintenance employees as it relates to the maintenance operation (including but not limited to diagnosis and repair of production lines and systems, mechanical and electrical circuitry, prevention of food safety and quality problems, minor repairs to building and plumbing).
- Coordinate maintenance, production schedules, and labor to meet production needs.
- Maintain supply and repair parts inventory and product loss control.
- Ensure compliance with company, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Provide assistance to Plant Manager in the preparation of capital and operating budgets.
- Implement and drive process consistency and cross functional collaboration utilizing Continuous Improvement methodology that results in process improvement and cost saving initiatives.
- Build a high achieving maintenance team capable of sustaining the company�s profitability, goals, and vision.
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive relationship with supply chain leadership team.
- Partner with all functional departments to ensure meeting business unit and company safety, service, cost, and people goals.
- Provide supervision of assigned work group in ensuring effective selection, retention, and performance management of maintenance employees.
- Benchmark and set targets for overall maintenance department performance and personnel.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Follow and enforce all Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow and enforce all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Wear and enforce wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Follow and enforce all food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and Safe Quality Foods (SQF) requirements.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor�s degree in related field required, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years significant, direct, and practical Maintenance Management experience in food/beverage, consumer products, or manufacturing industry required.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodology, highly preferred.
- PSM (Process Safety Management) experience preferred.
- Ammonia refrigeration experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships in order to drive company strategy and efficient methods in achieving the lowest landed cost possible.
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks and removing obstacles.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex sets of data and make business recommendations based on analysis.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with capital and working budgets, P&L, regulatory body compliance, and manufacturing operations required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be able to work for extended periods in a cold, damp environment. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals. Exposure to nut allergens.
- English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be beneficial based on business necessity.