The Maintenance Manager position is responsible for planning and implementing preventative maintenance, equipment repairs, installation and modification of building construction and repair on an efficient and timely basis through effective management and utilization of the Maintenance Department. This position is responsible for maintaining and initiating all health, safety and environmental standards, managing projects within budget and deadlines, maintenance of production equipment to support manufacturing, and determining training and development needs of the maintenance team members.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct the activities of the maintenance department to ensure that all plant equipment is maintained and repaired with minimum downtime.
- Scheduling preventative maintenance for all machines and make sure scheduling is executed.
- Coordinate priority maintenance scheduling with production requirements in conjunction with department managers and production scheduling.
- Enforce all safety procedures and policies.
- Establish contact with vendors as needed and take bids, approve bids and supervise and inspect work to assure quality.
- Budget and control of department costs.
- Creates and implements strategic directions for reliability and maintenance.
- Implement asset productivity improvement programs in areas of uptime, mechanical integrity and reliability engineering.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Talent management – the desire and ability to foster the growth of team member’s. Manages all personnel reviews, skills matrix, training oversight and recruiting.
- A results driven individual who has demonstrated ability working in a high performance manufacturing environment.
- Attention to details with the ability to manage the big picture.
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
- Ability to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Solid planning, leadership and administrative skills.
- Strong skills in lean manufacturing or Six Sigma with the ability to lead kaizens regarding TPM, uptime and safety.
- BS degree in Engineering, Technical Field or equivalent is desired.
- 5 years Maintenance Engineering experience.
- Experience leading high performance work teams.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.