Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 9A0,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Naperville is a manufacturer of Triscuit crackers. A variety of cracker products are produced, unitized, and stored at the facility for shipment to various Distribution Centers and customers throughout the United States and Canada. The Maintenance Manager reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for managing the maintenance organization and personnel to ensure the optimization of equipment, availability, spare parts inventory, and utilities. Mondelez employs a continuous improvement strategy called Integrated Lean Six Sigma and utilizes TPM Methodologies in order to reduce operating losses. This position is FT and flexibility is a must. Applicants should be available to work any day and shift, OT and weekends as needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead implementation of Progressive Maintenance 6 Step Improvement Methodology
- Measure and reduce equipment breakdown losses and improve Mean Time To Repair
- Build technical and IL6S skills and capabilities in core team and supervision
- Creates a vision and maintenance strategy that aligns with the plant strategy
- Anticipates and prepares for future needs and opportunities setting direction for the M&R operation in alignment with company and plant objectives
- Execution of relevant projects, monitor project plans and status to ensure completion
- Communicate project/ program status, work activities, and potential problems to functional areas. Address department issues/ coordinate Continuous Improvement efforts
- Responsible for creating operating budget, manage within budget, participate in the business planning and plant budgeting process. Develop long and short-term cost containment/reduction strategies
- Responsible for Direct Reports in the Maintenance group (Hourly Trades, Supervisors,Reliability Engineers, Planners) complying with all regulations, safety policies and procedures that support GMP and Food Safety
- Understands the quality targets and is aware of the role Maintenance plays in achieving the goals. Maintains appreciation of processes and functional interdependencies
- Provides leadership and resource allocation for all maintenance department activities
- Advise on manufacturing techniques and technical issues that are impacted by regional goals, as well as opportunities that may lead to new or more effective operating methods
- Coordinates and executes production equipment enhancements and upgrades for the purpose of cost containment, reliability, and product quality
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5 or more years of maintenance experience (In a TPM Environment Preferred) in supervisory and managerial capacity
- Maintenance managerial experience in CPG preferred
Proven track record improving Maintenance performance (Metrics Driven)
Proven PM pillar experience would be an asset
Strong Computer Proficiency (SAP, All MS Office Applications)
Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
Superior Time Management, Prioritization and Project Management Skills
Ability to teach and build sustainable work processes
Understanding of Mechanical and Electrical processes
Experience managing budget to ensure results delivered within scope
SAP Maintenance experience desired
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.