MSP Real Estate is seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our apartment facility!
The maintenance manager is responsible for maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for the residents and ensuring the continued operation of maintenance equipment across the community/campus. The maintenance manager is also responsible for ensuring that the building follows all state and federal regulations/codes, as well as addressing building repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the HVAC system to ensure proper air quality and comfortable temperature throughout the building
- Monitor plumbing system; adjust domestic hot water system as needed
- Test and schedule inspections of fire protections systems, security systems, and plumbing systems and ensure code compliance per state and federal guidelines
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs throughout the building, including plumbing, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, and large and small appliances
- Diagnose problems, repair or replace parts, schedule repairs, test and adjust as needed
- Maintain work order system, log all system checks as outlined per regulations and HSL standards
- Manage department budget and submit requests and reports in a timely manner
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on building, machines, and equipment
- Maintain community vehicle including washing, filling with gas, and ensuring current registration and drive the vehicle as needed
- Maintain clean and orderly areas including community grounds; take out trash and sweep as needed
- Keep regular stock of emergency, disaster, and other supplies
- Prepare rooms for move-ins/outs including repairs, paint touch-ups, and moving furniture and personal belongings
- Respond to work order requests and concerns from residents, families, and coworkers
- Work with the executive director to train staff on systems and fire and disaster procedures
- Check on surveillance devices and equipment as indicated
- Assist with other job duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in maintenance position working with electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry
- Knowledge of fire and safety codes and regulations preferred
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and services
- Ability to safely use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and other equipment as needed
- Strong communications skills; ability to read, write, and speak English
- Current driver’s license with good driving record (state of WI)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must be willing to participate in 24-hour on-call maintenance
- Experience in health care setting preferred
- Exhibit caring and compassionate attitude toward others
- Possess good judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve complex problems
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must submit and pass all applicable pre-employment and annual tests and meet all training and other applicable state and federal regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position and working for MSP Real Estate.
MSP Real Estate is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, arrest or conviction record or handicap, genetic or military status.We are committed to promoting a workplace of diversity and inclusion.