Performs various skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of production equipment, utilities equipment, warehouse and facilities as well. This is an experienced position with the expectation that the candidate will quickly adjust to the requirements and typicality of the new environment and apply his skills while embracing the IPS safety culture. Initial training related to the specifics of the IPS equipment will be provided – both on the job with an experienced department employee and off site training when required. Review of work is received from Team Leader or Supervisor through inspection and discussion. The Maintenance Technician should be self-motivated and capable of working safely with minimal supervision.
- Install and repair electrical and mechanical systems and related equipment.
- Troubleshoot, test, maintain and evaluate equipment using electronic instruments.
- Perform skilled electrical activities related to machine computer control systems (PLC’s, Photo sensors, Proximity sensors, Robot servo systems)
- Specify material needed for project work.
- Prepare accurate records for preventative maintenance and perform preventative work orders as scheduled.
- Proficient in Continuous Improvement methodologies (TPM, SUR, and 5S)
- Adhere to all facility safe practices.
- Perform all work with adherence to safety standards/procedures.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble. Ability to dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Start and stop devices/equipment to test their performance.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make repair parts. Use all types of powered shop tools such as band saws, radial arm saws, vices, clamps, etc. as well as hand tools, wrenches, screwdrivers, stationary and portable pneumatic and electric tools, and may use welding equipment.
- Operate pickup truck, forklift or other vehicles or moving equipment.
- Repair electrical equipment. Repair and replace facility or equipment light fixtures, covers, filters, etc.
- Must always use personal protective equipment such as gloves, hard hat, dust mask/respirator, safety glasses, hearing protection as necessary.
GENERAL DUTIES and SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) knowledgeable.
- Read and understand logic diagrams.
- Ability to generate ladder logic and program PLC’s.
- PC literate and familiar with MS programs (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Observe all company work rules, policies and procedures to ensure optimum safety and successful attainment of task objectives.
- Maintain clean and orderly work, shop and office area.
- Complete all assignments with accuracy, neatness and thoroughness.
- Flexible to changes in assignment and workload and contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Actively strive to enhance knowledge, skills and abilities related to present position or assignment.
- Proficient oral and written communication in English. Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Certified in electrical/mechanical maintenance from trade institution or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with all plant systems (compressed air, power distribution, pneumatics, electrical control systems)
- Must supply necessary hand tools to perform specific duties.
- Valid California drivers license
- Some travel required (locally and long distance).
- Works in production environment more than 90% of time.
- Must be able to walk, see, hear, bend, stoop, and climb.
About IPS Corp:
IPS Corporation is a 60 year-old company rooted in innovative product development with strong customer loyalty. IPS is the trusted leader in manufacturing adhesives, solvent cements, and numerous components and supplies for the plumbing, construction and plastic fabrication industries. Headquartered in California, IPS Corporation has operations throughout the United States, Europe and China, with a worldwide network of sales representatives and distributors.