The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood biomass solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of wood pellets, which provide a low carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with operational headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina. The company owns and operates manufacturing facilities in Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Each location is home to a team of experts dedicated to managing safety, quality, and reliability while ensuring a seamless supply of renewable products that exceed customers’ expectations around the globe.
At Enviva, we value our people, our forests, and our communities. Together, we serve our customers with the professionalism of a global leader and the entrepreneurial spirit of a company that is redefining the future of renewable energy today.
Join us—and join a team with purpose.
The major purpose of the position is to ensure proper preventive maintenance is completed on critical and auxiliary machinery associated with 24/7 pellet manufacturing. This typically involves a meticulous adherence to approved procedures, identification and documentation of specification equipment, and submission for follow-on inspection/corrective maintenance as applicable. Driving continuous improvement of the lubrication and associated preventive program is included with support provided by the company.
- Must be able to work safely obeying OSHA and Enviva standards for work practices
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to lift 50 lbs. and climb ladders and provide own basic tools
- Experience in preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance procedures, troubleshooting, servicing mobile equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in hydraulics, lubrication, and mechanical equipment; basic understanding of types of lubricants and application of each
- Ability to utilize skills to improve equipment reliability
- Experience reading technical diagrams and schematics
- Ability to work well in high places in excess of 80 feet, use man lifts, and work in confined spaces
- Must be willing to complete training as required by Supervisor and specified by Enviva
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Experience with computerized maintenance management system a plus, or manual system, required
- Basic knowledge of MS Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience with vibration analysis and precision alignment a plus
- Salary is based on education and experience
- Specific job duties will be discussed if interviewed
- Adhere to all plant environmental, health and safety guidelines, policies and practices
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in manufacturing environment
- Meticulous, Attention to detail
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written skills
- Experience with computerized maintenance management system
- Skilled in use of Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to use arm and wrist movement continuously.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift items above shoulders occasionally.
- Ability to push, pull and lift up items up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Occasionally work in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees.
- Occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Climb ladders and work off elevated surfaces on an occasional basis during each shift.
- Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
- Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.