At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
We are currently seeking a hands on Maintenance Mechanic responsible for doing preventive maintenance to join our Chicago, IL team located at 3900 W. 43rd Street. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for proactively maintaining operation of machinery and mechanical equipment thru preventive / predictive maintenance.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical/electrical equipment by completing required repairs on production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Perform preventive maintenance on production equipment and machinery. Clean equipment and remove debris to improve efficiency.
- Complete routine preventative maintenance tasks to keep equipment in standard operating condition.
- Process necessary documentation regarding procedures performed.
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Have the ability to determine the effectiveness of preventive maintenance routines and recommend improvements and changes.
- Demonstrated ability to perform mechanical and hydraulic repairs used in mechanical maintenance work assignments.
- Locate sources of problems by observing electrical/mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Ensures all maintenance and repair activities are in compliance with OSHA, Federal, Local and plant safety standards.
- Investigates equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 2-5 years’ Experience in Equipment Maintenance / Preventative Maintenance Procedures
- Technical understanding, zeal and ability to deal with uncertainty
- Basic understanding of Safety procedures
- Experience with Power Tools
- Critical decision making ability
- Flexibility and adaptability and ability to focus and pay attention to detail
- Experience in Industrial Manufacturing a plus
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org