Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Maintenance Mechanic position is responsible for ensuring equipment integrity and timely repair.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Effectively support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
• Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues).
• Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on production machinery and facility support equipment.
• Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and validate work performed.
• Ensure safety by following all company policies including safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety standards, food safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
• Troubleshoot PLC controlled equipment as well as all plant electrical and mechanical systems including motors, instrumentation, distribution, feed control systems and develop sustainable solutions accordingly.
• Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work orders and detailed logs and have good communication skills across all groups/departments.
• Assist with equipment change overs and line startups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
• Identify required parts and maintain current inventories, and parts reorder lists.
• Assure that all products are manufactured to the highest standard of quality.
• Participates in Continuous Improvement, also provides suggestions to improve processes and participates on team projects.