Tempur Sealy is seeking a highly skilled individual for a Maintenance Mechanic position at our Conyers, GA manufacturing facility. Trouble shoots and repairs machinary, plumbing and/or electrical, performs preventitive maintenance, and removal/installation of equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for general maintenance and repairs of machinery and mechanical equipment, including motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, work tables and other related production equipment. Additionally, the qualified incumbent will be responsible for administering the preventative maintenance program within the facility. Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Examine production equipment and tools, diagnose problems and repair in a safe and quality manner.
* Disassemble mechanical equipment and tools, repair and/or replace worn or broken parts and reassemble. Adjust mechanical parts and/or devices as needed.
* Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment/tools according to published schedule. Inspect, clean and lubricate parts as needed.
* Complete basic maintenance activities within plant structure and facilities, including electrical and plumbing work. When required, recommend repairs by external vendors and/or other specialized mechanics.
* Document all maintenance work performed and maintain related records and files.
* Adhere to internal housekeeping standards for raw materials and/or replacement parts in order to leave the work environment and equipment clean and organized at the end of the work day.
* 3 years of maintenance experience in a production or assembly environment, including experience with basic mechanical and electrical repairs.
* Experience in the bedding industry.
* Prior work experience with PLC and industrial sewing machines.
* Bilingual, with proficiency in Spanish and English.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled