At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Position Summary: Maintenance Industrial Electrician
Perform electrical / mechanical work and repairs needed in the facility, on support equipment and machinery, necessary to maintain operations in accordance with safe work procedures and appropriate NEC code.
Below is a comprehensive list of general responsibilities which do not limit job assignments.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures including but not limited to Lock Out / Tag Out. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Follow all federal, state, local, corporate and plant rules, procedures, and guidelines associated with electrical safety.
- Follow all PPE policies, including steel toed shoes, hearing protection, eye protection, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required.
- Follow plant GMP guidelines.
- Maintain proper housekeeping in work area, performing tasks in a neat and orderly manner.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics and troubleshoot malfunctions, making corrective repairs or recommending changes to resolve problem.
- Determine voltage, resistance, amperage etc., to diagnose problems or properly size new feeds or components
- Handle all electrical troubleshooting, repair, modifications, and upgrades as needed in the plant.
- Familiarity with appropriate wire sizes, conduit, bending, and installation.
- Familiarity with control circuits, motor controls, and safety circuits.
- Familiarity with motor drive systems including Eddy Current, A/C invertor, and Servo’s.
- Understandings of PLC’s and ladder diagrams.
- Ability to work with hand tools and fabricate brackets or parts necessary to install electrical components.
- Handle emergency repairs as quickly as possible in order to minimize downtime.
- Work with outside Electrical Contractors as necessary
- Assist Storeroom personnel to maintain adequate spare electrical parts
- Keep accurate records on work completed.
- Ensure that electrical dangers are minimized for employees.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of electrical experience is needed.
- Must have proper electrical education training and be able to pass the NOCTI
- Must have basic reading, math and communication skills.
- Lifting; a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Carrying; a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Reaching above shoulders
- Use of fingers
- Walking; 8 hours
- Standing; 10 hours
- Kneeling 1/2 hours
- Bending 1/4 hours
- Visual ability
- Depth perception
- Hearing ability
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org