Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic who will grow at our Vancouver, WA facility. We are currently offering a $1500 sign-on bonus!
In this role you will:
- Repair, assemble, maintain, and disassemble machinery, equipment, and other elements in accordance with operation manuals, manufacturer#39;s specifications, diagrams and sketches.
- Fabricates, assembles, treats repairs parts and other elements of the company using hand, power and pneumatic tools, conveyors, and industrial equipment.
- Interpret specifications and blueprints to construct layouts and reference points on projects.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with machines, equipment, or other elements.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory state and federal occupational health and safety laws.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment by ensuring work spaces are cleaned during down-time and at the end of each day.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization.
The perfect person will have:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency, and minimum 5 years in facility maintenance.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to critically think and troubleshoot complex electrical-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and electronics.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical instruction.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Be detail oriented and have basic problem solving skills.
- Be self-motivated.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. During this year’s flu season and the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring our US associates to get a flu vaccine. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Food and Coffee
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Merchandise Discounts
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Professional Development
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Work From Home
- Employee Events