This full time position is located in Fayetteville NC, however please expect receiving calls from a 952 number in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
The purpose of this position is to maintain optimum functionality and reliability for all plant equipment. Maintenance Craftsperson ‘C’ is responsible for maintenance and reliability in the most efficient and workman like manner. Performs jobs such as inspections, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and repairs. Interacts on a regular basis with management, peer maintenance and facility personnel along with contractors/vendors.
- Investigates and solve maintenance issues (such as lubrication, welding, plant troubleshooting, repair of equipment, proper use of fasteners, gaskets, bushings, and tools), and provide solutions to problems.
- Provides support in troubleshooting equipment to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Repairs equipment as necessary.
- Inputs work order information/updates in computer system (I. E. Maximo).
- Performs pre-job hazard analysis type worksheet(s) and turn in to direct supervisor.
- Works extended shifts to support the facility which may require coming in early, before normal shift and staying over later than normal shift.
- Takes call-ins to make repairs on nights, weekends or holidays.
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as team with all involved.
- Understands and adheres to state and federal Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety.
- Attend various mandatory safety and department meetings.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
- Assist other Crush and other plant personnel as needed and will perform any other duty as requested by management.
Craftspeople in this position will use multiple tools such as battery, electric, hand and pnuematic, basic measuring/NDT instruments, cutting and welding tools, spark resistant tools, rigging equipment, mobile equipment, safety equipment, PPE and general shop equipment.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- Must be able to perform maintenance trades including welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance and hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to operate machinery.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Ability to work overtime.
- At least 1 year of experience in production related work.
- Forklift certified.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.