$1,500 Sign-On Bonus: $750 upon hiring; $750 after 6 months
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
- Performs all duties in a safe working manner, following all of Axalta’s safety policies and procedures
- Complete work orders as prioritized by Production Manager
- Continually inspects plant equipment and related facilities
- Locate areas in need of repair, determine necessary repairs and performs work as appropriate or reports problems to supervisor
- Maintains work logs, inventory and equipment control records and preventive maintenance records
- Assists in installing plant equipment if required
- Required to wear respiratory protection equipment and work in confined spaces
- Performs regular preventive maintenance to plant equipment such as greasing valves, pumps, pneumatics and making minor equipment adjustments while climbing ladders, and on/around machinery such as conveyors and packers.
- Minimum 5 or more years of industrial plant maintenance experience (preferred)
- High School Diploma/GED plus any combination of education and experience that provides the skills, knowledge and abilities required to perform the above duties and responsibilities. (required)
- Successfully complete a pre-employment mechanical aptitude test and interview process (required)
- Successful completion of background check, physical and drug screening is required
- Ability to be licensed to operate fork trucks
- Working knowledge of the techniques, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of industrial machinery and equipment including air diaphragm pumps, motors, valves, gear boxes, weigh scales, compressors, and dust collector.
- Experience troubleshooting PLC and automation equipment
- Read schematics, blueprints, drawings and construction diagrams.
- Skill to perform fabrication welding with arc and gas welding equipment.
- Skill to perform pipe fitting.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including holidays, evenings and weekends as required for the efficient running of the operation. Willing to work overtime as needed.