Position: Maintenance Mechanic I
Location: Montville, NJ
Type: Direct Hire
Founded in 1943, Company is a fully integrated solutions provider which designs, develops, qualifies and manufactures innovative systems and sub-systems for the aerospace and defense sectors. Our portfolio includes pressure, power, motion, fluid, and electronic controls for weapon systems, shipboard and sub-sea applications, satellites, launch vehicles, and aircraft systems. With over 200 patents, Company continues to build on its legacy as a highly respected, family-owned small business based in the state of New Jersey.
We take our work seriously and deliver on our promise to develop best in class technology backed up by superior quality and world-class service. Our teams have repeatedly been recognized for outstanding performance by some of the most prestigious organizations in the world. Honors include: Outstanding Small Business Supplier -Lockheed Martin; Small Business Supplier of the Year – Lockheed Martin; Platinum Source Supplier - Northrop Grumman; Special Recognition for Outstanding Execution – The Boeing Company; Supplier of the Year Nomination – The Boeing Company; Regional Small Business of the Year - US Small Business Administration; George M. Low Award for Quality and Excellence – NASA.
Demonstrated Corporate Competencies:
- Fiscally Responsible
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of mechanical hands on repair or related experience
- Certification in an Electrical/Mechanical discipline
- Ability to interpret technical data requirements, specifications, schematics, etc.
- Self-motivated with ability to effectively interface with varying level of employees, both through written and verbal communication
- Possess strong visual acuity required for detailed inspection and repair activities
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to drive/operate cars, pick-up trucks and fork trucks
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Effective verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization
- Computer literate, with MS Office/PC experience
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Inspect buildings and other structures to evaluate functional systems, detect malfunctions and document accordingly for repair
- Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches, outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs/tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, appliances, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, threading pipe, assemble low pressure pneumatic lines, replacing drains hoses, etc.).
- Perform minor surface preparation, painting, carpentry and masonry work to provide operable and efficient facilities
- Assist in performing minor HVAC work (e.g. adjusting thermostats, pneumatic controls, HVAC and electric energy management systems, installation of high pressure piping and pump repair, repairing water, gas, electric and pneumatic pipes) to maintain a comfortable working environment and proper equipment operation
- Reconfigure, install, position and remount modular offices and facility space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, lighting, cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize available space
- Coordinate, oversee and facilitate outside repair technicians when required
- Participate in construction related activities (as req’d.)
- Order and expedite required materials to facilitate repairs
- Plan sequence of operations and work from manuals and drawings
- Adjust work assignment/priorities based on information from various management groups and current work assessment
- Participate in snow removal and annual facility maintenance “Shut-Down” activities
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
- Perform scheduled PM on facility system(s) and support equipment (as required)
- Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to the organization (as required)
- Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures to ensure compliance to all regulatory and internal system requirements.
- Contribute to a positive and cooperative work environment through effective communication at all levels internal and external to the organization
- Actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/programs, etc. and support actions to drive company initiatives/goals
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values goals and objectives
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to conditions typical of a manufacturing/machine shop environment, including, but not limited to fluids, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise and vibration
- This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
- Temperature of work environment may be affected by outside/external temperatures, machining processes, etc.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 8 hours, Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekend work are required, as job duties demand.
- Some local travel is required for this position (5-10%)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand at length (7-8 hours, daily), walk consistently, stoop, bend, turn, balance, and/or crouch, and move about the facility.
- Snow removal (inclusive of snow shoveling is required)
- This position requires the ability to skillfully use hand and/or power tools
- The employee may be required to lift, push, pull and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top quality benefits and employee services including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, generous tuition aid program, paid vacation, sick and personal days, 11 holidays, summer hours, on-site credit union and ATM, and much more. We recognize and reward our employee's accomplishments.
Many of our contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially and continually thereafter, is conditioned on production of such proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local government contracts.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/Veterans
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY