Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division/ Section: Varied (William P. Hobby / Bush Intercontinental Airport) / Corrective Maintenance
Workdays & Hours: Tuesday thru Saturday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm & Sunday thru Thursday 2:00 pm -10:30 pm
**Shift work, including rotation, weekends and holidays (subject to change)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Maintenance Mechanic III will perform Corrective Maintenance varied skilled mechanical work in the repair and maintenance of buildings and physical plants. This position provides paramount service and supports corrective maintenance section throughout IAH. Respond to mechanical failures of equipment, to identify and correct safety hazards, and inspect, repair, clean and maintain several types of equipment: pumps, miscellaneous rotating and reciprocating equipment, plumbing equipment (sinks, commodes, urinals, flush valves, and faucets) and machinery throughout the airport complex. Performs scheduled or unscheduled maintenance, repairs and modifications, along with corrective maintenance on electro-mechanical equipment, structures, facilities and systems. "Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required."
The Maintenance Mechanic III will include but is not limited to:
- Installs mechanical equipment and components.
- Repairs, refurbishes and maintains several types of pumps (i.e. hydraulic, oil, gas, diesel) and miscellaneous rotating and reciprocating equipment and machinery.
- Operates vehicles to and from work sites.
- Repairs and maintains equipment and parts. Practices equipment and parts conservation.
- Performs additional maintenance activities such as painting, a/c repairs, carpentry, carpet, plumbing, concrete and roofing repairs as in general building maintenance.
- Rehabilitates and monitors equipment, facilities, and systems (i.e. elevators, escalators, automatic doors, ticket dispenser's electric gates, a/c and heating equipment).
- Provides preventive maintenance to equipment, buildings, facilities and systems.
- May lead and train lower level personnel.
Performing these duties will involve: lifting, pulling or pushing objects; observing and differentiating details; operating city vehicles; operating power and hand tools; applying specialized information; and working in hot, cold, noisy environments; dealing with people in tense situations and working as a member of the team; may be required to lift up to eighty (80) pounds. Walking and standing for extended periods of time. Must be willing and available to work shifts, including rotation, weekends and holidays.