This position consists of repairing and maintaining all production and facility equipment, new equipment installations, and maintaining established preventative maintenance programs. The qualified candidate will be a full journeyman in Machine Repair, Plant Mechanic, or Millright, must be proficient in reading mechanical/electrical prints, pneumatic schematics, and hydraulic schematics, proficient in pipe fitting skills of air, water, hydraulics, and must have good attendance record.
* Perform changeovers, answer line calls, and troubleshoot.
* Apply basic electrical skills.
* Repair and maintain high speed production equipment.
* Practice safe work habits. Follows proper lock out tag out procedures as required. Completes all OSHA required training as required and correct any unsafe conditions as necessary.
* Responds to calls from line supervisors or operators to repair equipment as needed.
* Performs package change-overs on equipment as required.
* Schedule preventative maintenance on equipment as required.
* Participates in daily meetings and reports maintenance department objectives and opportunities.
* Installing/rebuilding equipment.
* Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic devices and hydraulic systems.
* Develop preventative maintenance needs and requirements.
* Troubleshoot mechanical or electrical problems in a timely manner.
* Independently performs all assignments after being given general instructions as to the results expected.
* Takes the lead and initiates resolution of technical, unusual or complex problems or issues.
* Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
* Coordinates several projects at the same time while prioritizing competing demands on time frames.
* Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
* Typically negotiates in a competitive or adversarial environment.
* General understanding of electric and electrical controls.
* Ability to work 12 hour shifts and the flexibility to work days, evenings and/or weekends.
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. May be required to push or pull with a dolly or pallet jack up to 500 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Field positions will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include, but are not limited to: manufacturing and warehouse plants, and other venues as directed by supervisor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but increases significantly in warehouse and manufacturing plants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 1 - 3 years' experience in related field with proven industry experience, beverage experience a plus.
* Ability to read schematics.
* Computer literacy required with proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word. Knowledge of MP2 software and PLC experience plus.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Knowledgeable on OSHA laws and can implement all OSHA required training for the department.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
* Must be 18 years or older
* Favorable background and drug screen.
* Ability and willingness to work 12 hour shifts and the flexibility to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled