|Title||Maintenance Mechanic Laun|
|Description||*This is a 2nd Shift Opening*|
The Maintenance Mechanic-Laundry will perform general maintenance work to maintain proper operation of Laundry and Boiler Room equipment.
A. Essential Job Functions:
1. Repairs and installs electrical, oil, hydraulic, steam, water, and air systems needed for the proper operation of the laundry and mechanical rooms.
2. Responsible for the proper preventative maintenance performance on all equipment to ensure proper operation of this equipment.
3. Read blueprints, manuals, schematics, and building codes to problem solve or install as necessary.
4. Maintains contact with all necessary vendors to assure to safe and proper operation of equipment.
5. Maintain inventory of all spare parts and tools to ensure their proper supply at all times. Report any deficiencies immediately.
6. Maintain adequate cleaning schedule of all machinery, maintenance shop, boiler room and other areas as needed.
7. Maintain a safe and orderly work environment and reports any safety concerns.
8. Responds in a timely manner to all staff machine requests.
9. The ability to work flexible shifts.
B. Marginal Job Functions:
1. All other duties as assigned.
|Requirements||A. Core Competencies:|
1. Basic knowledge of various trade fundamentals sufficient to deal with general repairs. Ability to problem solve and repair accurately and timely.
2. Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy.
3. Ability to assume responsibility in planning sequence of operation and in selecting proper tools and materials.
4. Ability to apply shop mathematics to practical problems.
5. Knowledge of OSHA, Joint Commission, and ISO standards as they pertain to the general laundry operation.
B. Training and Experience:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Three years' experience in related field.
C. License or Certificate:
1. High Pressure Boiler License.
D. Physical/Sensory Demands:
1. Full range of motion.
2. Ability to stand for four hours or more.
3. Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 60 pounds.
4. Gross and fine motor abilities.
5. Communicates with co-workers and supervisor.
6. Ability to observe the functioning of the work area.
7. Capable of hearing and responding to warning devices on equipment and fork lift.
8. The environmental conditions include dust, humidity and heat.
9. Protective equipment and clothing may be required.
10. Performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluid, or tissue.
IV. ADDITIONL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
A. Previous maintenance experience in a production setting.
B. Electrical degree desired.
|Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please call 414-847-4131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on EEO and other rights, please click here.|
|Send This Job to a Friend|