The position maintains all buildings, structures, and production equipment in top working order contributing as part of a team. The position trains others in order to increase the overall knowledge base of the department, and trades, with expertise in at least one. Experienced with PLCs, pneumatic and electric pumps, all kinds of plumbing; some welding, refrigeration and/or air conditioning, VFD programming. Will use forklift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Plans and performs maintenance work.
2. Must be physically able to use various carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and welding mechanical tools. Must use equipment such as saws, hammers, drills, paint brushes,
rollers or sprayers, and power tools such as grinders, sanders, and electric pipe threaders.
3. Responsible for all production equipment and support equipment. Equipment should
should be maintained in good working order, with repairs made as necessary.
4. Submits orders for supplies, materials and equipment as required for maintenance functions.
5. Works with others in all technical applications, such as installations of new equipment.
6. Responsible for entering work orders for necessary repairs.
7. Responsible for the overall maintenance of production areas. Ensures all
production areas and grounds are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition.
8. Responsible for completing daily timesheets.
9. May be called to come into work while off-duty, as emergencies arise.
10. Follows departmental policies and procedures.
11. Performs other maintenance duties required or requested by the Maintenance Supervisor or arising from a natural or man-made disaster.
1. Must have at least 3-5yrs of Maintenance Mechanic Experience (manufacturing preferred)
2. Must be physically able to perform vigorous, strenuous work, with lifting up to 50
pounds frequently throughout the day.
3. Must have valid Class C California driver’s license, current automobile liability insurance coverage and ability to drive company vehicles occasionally.
4. Must be able to read, write and speak English to perform administrative tasks.
5. Must have basic math skills.
- Working knowledge of all maintenance crafts and trades, with expertise in at least one.
- Experience with PLC's, pneumatic and electric pumps, plumbing, welding, refrigeration and/or air conditioning, VFD programming.
- Must be able to operate a forklift. Food industry experience is a plus.
- Candidates must have a current, valid driver's license.
24.23 - 30.11 /hourWhat is this?