Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top reasons to choose BBU:
• Competitive starting rate $$
• Medical/dental available with low premiums
• Retirement Pension Plan Available
• Paid vacation and holidays
• BBU wellness program available
• PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
Maintenance Mechanic – Montebello, CA
Repair and maintain industrial production equipment of all types. Strong background in Automation (PLC), temperature controls, plumbing, welding, packaging equipment. Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and a Pension.
• Work is performed mostly indoors in a food processing/manufacturing environment. Outdoor work will be required based on needs of bakery.
• Required to work in all areas and environments to include confined space and high areas i.e.: Silos. Temperature and humidity levels are generally higher than normal ambient room temperatures due to the proximity to industrial ovens used in the baking process.
• Required to wear hairnets (beard nets if applicable), safety glasses and hearing protection in the performance of this work. All proper Personal Protective Equipment is Mandatory.
• Required to use all types of hand tools and some machine shop equipment including welders, grinders, break, shear band saw, and press. Etc.
• Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan.
• Required to maintain company documentations as needed
• Must be cognizant of all of the hazards associated with the operation of heavy equipment and tools.
• Ability to work any shift any hours, weekends and holidays. Regular, dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Technical or vocational training a plus
• Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to be a motivated employee within a team oriented environment