Founded in 1986, Synagro Technologies, Inc. provides environmentally sustainable solutions for commercial and municipal organizations that generate organic by-products. Synagro consistently transforms industrial and municipal waste into environmentally friendly resources that benefit our communities. As the largest recycler of organic by-products in North America, Synagro uses best-in-class processes, from beneficial reuse to renewable energy, that adhere to the strictest of environmental regulations to provide compelling solutions for communities across the continent. Serving more than 600 municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities in the United States and Canada, Synagro’s leading systems of organic by-product management services support municipalities of all sizes in saving money and meeting environmental regulations. Visit synagro.com to learn more.
Here are some highlights on this position:
- The work environment is fast-paced and challenging.
- New employees receive 15 days paid time off to start.
- New employees receive eight paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- Dental, medical and supplemental insurance plans are available.
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan is available.
Perform corrective, emergency, and preventative mechanical maintenance throughout the plant in order to ensure safe and efficient working environments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Apply to all regulations that provide safe, reliable, and cost effective operation of the plant to meet processing, permit, and other applicable requirements
2. Perform preventative, corrective and emergency mechanical maintenance on all equipment throughout the plant under the direction of the Plant Manager such as welding, piping and refurbish equipment.
3. Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical malfunctions throughout the plant which includes documenting problem and resolution as well as reporting all problems and resolutions of mechanical malfunctions to the Plant Manager
4. Perform fire guard duty as well as confined space watch
5. Participate and complete training programs within the time frame allotted
6. Perform any general work or other assignments necessary to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the facility to include sweeping, shoveling, and other housekeeping activities
7. Maintain work tools and ensure work tools are put in appropriate secure place after using
8. Demonstrate safe behaviors at all times and to perform their job in a safe manner
1. Ability to weld, fit pipe, refurbish equipment, set and align rotating equipment in addition to cutting and rigging techniques
2. Ability to wire and unwire motors and perform zero energy check with a multi meter
3. Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the workplace and display proper judgment in responding to them
4. Ability to operate powered equipment and tools in a safe and efficient manner while on ground surface as well as at heights
5. Ability to work in a safe manner, recognizing occupational hazards, and thorough knowledge and understanding of plant fire protection apparatus and systems and ability to operate all fire protection equipment
6. Able to work varying shifts, overtime, holidays, on call duty and emergency call-ins
7. Communication skills – verbal and written
8. Ability to operate a computer
1. Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. Mechanical experience with heavy trucks, trailers, equipment, pipe fitting and rebuilding equipment
3. Experience with computerized maintenance programs (MP2) or similar PM system preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Fingering, Feeling, Grasping, Climbing, and Lifting up to 100lbs
2. The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
3. The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
4. The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to bio-solids.
5. The worker is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of extremities or whole body.
6. The workers frequently is in close quarters, crawl space, shafts, manholes, small, enclosed rooms, small sewage and water line pipes, and other areas which could cause claustrophobia.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and physical or working conditions associated with a position.
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.