Remedy is partnering with our manufacturing client to put New York back to work with this Maintenance Mechanic opportunity for their Packaging Facility! This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity with openings on 2nd shift (2:00 PM – 10:30 PM) and 3rd shift (10:00 PM – 6:30 AM).
- Maintains machines with respect to bearings, assembly, disassembly, power transmission, rigging, and lubrication.
- Effectively completes bench work utilizing common hand tools.
- Can work effectively with an upper-class mechanic to work on electrical systems and components.
- Learns to do rudimentary pipefitting of water, steam, and air lines with steel, plastic, and copper pipe materials.
- Performs routing preventative maintenance on designated equipment. Will assist upper class mechanic on major overhauls. Learns to identify potential issues and reports these to the necessary persons.
- Trains and learns most shop equipment and machinery.
- Works with upper classification mechanic on job layouts and ordering of materials necessary to complete job.
- Assists in troubleshooting and diagnosing most machine failures.
- Prepares for work daily with complete set of hand tools as mandated by the supervisor’s list.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work required.
- Personal qualities of tack and dependability required.
- Strong communication abilities, written and verbal.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- High School Diploma Required
- Trade School level of Electric