Symbia Logistics is seeking a qualified maintenance mechanic to join our team. Come and be part of our fast-growing company! Great opportunities for further skill development, upward mobility, and monetary advancement. Starting wages $20 to $25 depending on experience.
Maintain and troubleshoot conveyor systems and related electrical and mechanical equipment. Conduct regular inspections to identify faulty equipment, test new machinery before use or installation, keep records of maintenance and activities, train junior mechanics and promote safe work practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment, like metal fabricating machine tools, material handling system, and automated lubrication system, following blueprints & specifications using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments
- Visually inspects and listens to machines equipment to locate causes of malfunctions
- Dismantles machines & equipment to gain access to problem area, using hand/power tools
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems and tests equipment post-repair
- Realigns and adjusts components, like spindles and clutches, using hand tools following diagrams
- Locates damaged air hydraulic pipes on machine, measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipes
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot basic power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers and wiring methods and materials
- Experience in troubleshooting basic relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components, photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, VFD drives, frequency and encoders
- Understanding of PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic, components and communications modules
- Repairs broken parts, using brazing, soldering, and welding equipment hand tools. Experience with MIG/ARC welding is needed
- May modify computer-controlled motion of robot, applying knowledge of program commands and using robot controller teach pendant.
- May set up and operate metalworking tools, like lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3 to 4 years of On-the-job work experience as a maintenance mechanic
- Must have a strong knowledge in Electrical Troubleshooting, PLCs, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- HS Diploma and/or Vocational Training in Industrial Mechanics and/or Electrical Program.
- Basic Welding Skills
- Competitive wages! Starting $20 to $25 /hour depending on experience
- Full-time permanent position
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance available!
- Paid vacation and holiday!
Manufacturing, Industrial, Construction, Logistics, Production