Ajinomoto Foods North America is a leading frozen foods company, committed to providing nutritious and delicious meals globally. With a rich history of diverse ethnic brands, our brands have become household favorites all across America. We are dedicated to contributing to a healthier lifestyle through nutritious and balanced Umami foods. With a commitment to excellence and innovation, all our products are cooked with our customers in mind, providing healthy and delicious meals for all.
We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our rapidly expanding Maintenance team in the Portland area. The Maintenance Mechanice is responsible for performing maintenance procedures on plant equipment. Individual will have good working knowledge of operation/maintenance of shop equipment. Will apply mechanical ability in all aspects of job while performing daily routine activities.
- Perform proper preventive maintenance techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is ready for production start-up.
- Responsible for repairs on worn out or damaged equipment.
- Perform needed equipment modification and fabrication.
- Assist production, sanitation, and other support groups when needed.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Sanitation Practices (GSP).
- Follow all safety rules and practices.
- Perform work techniques, speeds, and efficiencies at company standards.
- Works with and understands the MP2 system program.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures for equipment.
- Develop and implement innovations to improve efficiency, safety, up-time and reduce maintenance costs.
- Will lubricate equipment with thorough understanding of requirements for a variety of devices and applications.
- Perform basic welding and cutting of metals both ferrous and non-ferrous.
- Perform all other work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS :To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Six months or more manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to read and comprehends basic blue-prints and mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to read and understands test meters.
- Must possess basic understanding of maintenance and installation of facility plumbing system, boilers, air compressors and hydraulic system.
- Basic knowledge of basic math skills is required
- Ability to read, writes and communicate effectively .
- Basic understanding of HACCP and food safety concepts
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Knowledge of basic math skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.