Leverage Your Top-Notch Mechanical & Electrical Skills to Build a Progressive Career at an Outstanding Company Poised for Strong Growth
Support safety and quality in the processing of convenient fresh food products you can believe in.If you have top-notch mechanical and electrical skills and the ability to safely maintain equipment used to process and package convenience fresh foods and fresh-cut produce, the role of Maintenance Mechanic could be your perfect fit. You will play a key role on our maintenance team, which works primarily in a wet environment, and diagnose and repair simple to complex manufacturing equipment issues as well as perform routine maintenance tasks. Consider a few of the advantages of joining our team:
- You will join a strong maintenance team including seasoned and newer technicians, offering you'll have the opportunity to continue to strengthen your skills while also mentoring others and helping them to grow.
- This is a role with a pathway to leadership. Prove yourself and demonstrate your talent and potential and you could step up to a Maintenance Team Lead position in time.
- We offer a unique two-week rotating schedule that gives you Friday, Saturday and Sunday off every few weeks. (The rotation includes weekend work).
- We maintain a team-oriented atmosphere where everyone's contributions are appreciated and we treat one another with respect and dignity.
- We value input and reward engagement -- you won't check your brain at the door but will be valued for your skills and knowledge.
- You'll become part of an organization that is constantly innovating new products and exploring new markets.
In addition, to be a strong fit for the Maintenance Mechanic opportunity, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial / manufacturing environment, ideally in the food or another hygienic industry
- Excellent mechanical and electrical skills
- Strong working knowledge of PLCs
- Certified welder for ammonia piping installation requirements
- Certified to use respirator equipment (Note, we will help outstanding candidates earn certification if needed)
- An unwavering commitment to safety including 480-volt electrical safety practices, knowledge of OSHA, FDA, and GMP requirements and safety guidelines
- Working knowledge of computerized refrigeration monitoring/control program
- An understanding of efficiencies and downtime, and equipment moving and installation
- Your own set of 1" basic metric tools and a multi-meter
- Flexibility to work an assigned shift and rotating schedule that includes weekends. We're hiring for the 3rd shift (9 PM to 7:30 AM)
- Willingness to work overtime as required