Perform various routine maintenance assignments and assist other engineering personnel in the repair and maintenance of physical structures, equipment and fixtures of the facility and grounds. Collaborate with Engineering personnel to solicit expertise of required crafts necessary to complete assigned projects. Serve as consultant to facility personnel in recommending specific courses of action to attain desired goals. Solicit assistance of other Engineering personnel for the efficient completion of projects.
- Work from written and electronic requisitions, or verbal instructions
- â€¢ Prioritize urgency of work requests
- â€¢ Provide light carpentry duties; install shelving, repair windows, screens, blinds and suspended ceilings
- â€¢ Operate a variety of power and hand tools
- â€¢ Obtain and replace lamps
- â€¢ Assist Engineering personnel as assigned by Supervisor
- â€¢ Provide general maintenance service to facility personnel, i.e., assemble furniture and accessories
- â€¢ Maintain work area and equipment in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- â€¢ Follow standard and prescribed safety regulations
- â€¢ Respond to all facility emergency codes that apply to Engineering
- â€¢ Must be available for snow removal as needed
- â€¢ Assist with all other duties as assigned by Supervisor & Director of Engineering
- â€¢ Maintain professional appearance at all times
- â€¢ Reports any equipment found to be unsafe or broken immediately to supervisor
- â€¢ Puts Customer Service first: Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a safe, caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individualsâ€™ needs and rights
- â€¢ Maintain the confidentiality and security of all facility and patient related information (HIPPA)
- â€¢ Subject to being called in for emergencies
Qualifications and Physical Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent
â€¢ Knowledge of wiring, plumbing and carpentry
â€¢ Must be able to read and write in English
â€¢ One year of experience in trade related work
â€¢ Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing or walking.
â€¢ Lifting pushing, pulling supplies and equipment.
â€¢ Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
â€¢ May need to work in extreme hot and cold temperatures
Hebrew SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR