The maintenance mechanic is responsible for maintenance and proper operation of production equipment and support equipment. The ability to trouble-shoot mechanical and electrical issues with production equipment as well plant support equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incorporates LOTO procedures as required by policy.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to impacted areas and repair/remove defective parts.
- Determines, by use of regular inspections, the repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements if the parts are reusable, and what parts, if any need to be ordered.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments not performed by machine operators to ensure proper operation.
- Repairs electrical equipment within the limitations of expertise and training.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other tools to make and repair parts.
- Removes tools and cleans impacted work areas upon completion of work.
- Initiates purchase orders for parts and machines.
- Makes recommendations concerning equipment and/or procedure modifications.
- Locates and sets production machinery as required by production schedule.
- Performs and assures all duties are carried out in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Maintains a positive attitude when interacting with Asher’s team members and customers.
- Performs other job related duties in area of responsibility as assigned.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands:
Employee must be willing to be frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet or humid weather conditions, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particulates, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, high frequency vibrations, and noise levels requiring hearing conservation protection.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms for an 8-hour shift.
- Employees must frequently lift and/ or move up to 35 pounds without the aid of material handling equipment.
- Responsible Maintenance Manager
- Report problems that cannot be resolved immediately
Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Needs to have acquired 1-3 years related experience and/ or training. Equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of the following: three phase electrical systems, welding and machine shop practices, HVAC systems, plumbing and pneumatics, conveyors and conveying systems, and ability to read and complete preventative maintenances as assigned
- Mechanical and standard electrical skills