Quad is seeking a Maintenance Technician at the Sussex, Wisconsin plant location.
At Quad, you’ll begin at a competitive wage, with immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You’ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that’s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining, mechanical and hydraulic components of production presses and equipment using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring instruments. This position will visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions and keep presses operational. The Maintenance Technician plays an essential role in helping the plant provide high quality product and efficient service to our customers by minimizing operational downtime.
- Perform mechanical preventative maintenance procedures and repairs on Web Offset presses and Auxiliary equipment
- Troubleshooting and repairing of precision machinery and auxiliary equipment, utilizing blueprints, schematics, manufacturer specifications and manuals
- Emphasize proactive measures to minimize reactive maintenance
- Maintain and repair components on systems such as bearings, gear clutches, couplings, belted and shafted drives and gearboxes
- Follow safety instructions while performing tasks and effectively communicate with Press operators, crew members and management
- May also perform some basic welding and mechanical tasks
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment, with an understanding of the urgency of equipment downtimes
- Basic knowledge of precision test and calibration equipment to perform preventative maintenance
- Basic understanding of components and systems bearings, clutches, gears, belted and shafted drives and pneumatic systems
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, troubleshoot effectively and respond quickly to solve equipment malfunctions
- Good communication both written and oral
- Must provide own set of tools
- Must be able to safely operate both hand and power tools
- Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
We offer excellent benefits for eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.