Uptown Bakeries, a division of J & J Snack Foods Sales Corp, (JJSF), a highly successful and leading manufacturer of nutritional snack foods, has an opportunity for an experienced Production Maintenance Mechanic in our Bridgeport, NJ facility.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Knowledge of motors, gearboxes, reducers and conveyors to include troubleshooting, repair/maintenance and installation.
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and work orders.
- Ability to do simple machining on non CNC equipment, Lathes, Mills, Grinders.
- Thorough knowledge of preventive/predictive maintenance plans
- Diagnose and repair pneumatic systems.
- Plumbing, pipe fitting and building maintenance ability.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose hydraulic and pneumatic systems along with the ability to read and follow schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems, PLC programs, motor VFD’s and other electronic systems.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to weld or fabricate a plus.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot electrical circuits 24Vdc to 480Vac is a plus.
- Bakery experience a plus.
The ideal candidate will possess at least 5-10 years experience working in a high volume manufacturing facility in a maintenance mechanics function. Work schedule is 4 days a week; twelve hour days.
Previous work at an industry in the bakery/food or pharmaceutical manufacturing is preferred.
Uptown Bakeries offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, discounted stock purchase, tuition refund, company paid life insurance, voluntary life and AD&D insurance and flex spending. We offer a stable work environment that is a great place to work.
Apply on-line or fax your resume to 909-458-6247.
No Agencies please.