US Nonwovens is a family owned and operated manufacturing company that was established in 1993 and has grown to a company with about 1500 full time employees. Its state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and offices are all located in Scranton, PA, Long Island NY, and Ludlow, KY. USN is the global leader in contract manufacturing of fast moving consumer packaged goods (FMCPG) that are disposable in the areas of OTC Personal Care and Home Care Cleaning. USN manufactures some of America’s most recognized national and generic brands in the retail & healthcare market. USN serves 97% of the North American Retail Market with a range of products and serves approximately 1 billion people in 37 Countries around the planet with a matrix of products. We are searching for a motivated Maintenance Mechanic. The Maintenance Mechanic ensures that Production Equipment is kept in good repair and working order as well as in constant production mode always.
US Nonwovens is looking to hire Maintenance Mechanics on second shift 4PM to Midnight and sometimes overtime in Scranton, PA.
Maintenance Mechanic Job Description
The requirements of a Maintenance Mechanic is to provide mechanical and electrical troubleshooting adjustment and repairs for Production and Quality Control of factory production machinery and equipment for high speed packaging lines. These lines are liquid fillers that fill liquid laundry detergent into bottles and then labels and caps all bottles. The maintenance mechanic troubleshoots, repairs and adjusts production machinery to ensure minimum machine down time and product loss. This requires knowledge of, or ability to learn, a wide array of mechanical and electrical skills.
Maintenance Mechanic Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Installing, setting up, maintaining and changing over manufacturing equipment
- Repairs and replaces electrical and mechanical devices/systems in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Performing mechanical and electrical machinery repair
- Completing preventative maintenance of equipment
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts and aligns components of machinery equipment.
- Make repairs such as chains, sprockets, bearings, and belts. Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment and machinery.
Maintenance Mechanic Requirements:
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, a wide array of mechanical and electrical skills.
- Understanding of electrical controls, machines and mechanical applications
- Determining root causes and associated corrective action or adjustment on production equipment
- Collaborates with others within and outside of the functional area to perform maintenance and resolve upset conditions.
- Works as a team member to provide necessary support throughout the work shift as needed.
- Utilize available resources (associates, manuals, training department, policies, etc.) to determine and identify the root cause of upset conditions and take appropriate correction actions.
- Review equipment manuals and other resources to become proficient and maintain knowledge of operational equipment and perform maintenance. (Reviewing equipment manuals is a must).
- Ensure safeguards of plant equipment are installed as required to conform to all regulations, company, state and federal.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
Excellent Benefits and Compensation Packages Available