Ajinomoto Foods North Americais a leading manufacturer of innovative and healthy frozen foods. Our products -- which range from Asian snacks and entrees, to quick and convenient steamed organic vegetables -- are distributed in every channel of retail, club and food service. Our nationally recognized brands continue to experience spectacular growth as our company expands its product offerings and flavor profiles..
Our work environment is creative, high energy, and driven to success. Every employee -- at every level - has the opportunity to have a significant impact to drive growth in our business. We believe in sharing the success of the business with every contributing employee. We are a diverse, committed team who welcomes those who are achievement oriented and share our values of measuring results with a "can-do" attitude.
We are conveniently located in the East Bay, close to surrounding cities of Oakland, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley and the Bay Area Peninsula.
To find out more information on our business please visit us at www.ajinomotofoods.com
In-person applications are welcome at:
Ajinomoto Foods North America
2395 American Avenue
Hayward, California 94545
The Maintenance Mechanic is a key contributor behind a successful Company. We are looking for experienced Mechanic to support the daily operations of our manufacturing facility. The successful candidate must be committed to excellence and passionate about their work. Responsibilities include performing all phases of preventative maintenance such as electrical and mechanical breakdown repairs to the facility and production equipment successfully and in a safe and timely manner.
This is the ideal position for those who are self-starters requiring little direction and diligent follow-through in a fast paced and changing environment. We are a 24/7 operation and on-call availability is required.
Job Responsibilities include: (additional duties as required):
- Maintain fryers, mixers, conveyors, packaging equipment, box tapers, metal detectors, compressors, boilers, refers, freezers, and various other mechanical equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot and maintain pneumatics, hydraulic systems, plumbing and piping systems, change out motors and gear boxes in order to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Perform set up and start up and shut down of all equipment on the Production floor.
- Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years of related work experience performing "hands-on" work as an industrial maintenance electrician/ mechanic in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess a strong electromechanical aptitude with knowledge of reading electrical and mechanical schematics, preferably in the food industry.
- Familiar with GMPs.
- Knowledge of single phase and 3 phase 24vdcs thru 480 VAC motor control circuit installation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of VFD's, touch screens, proximity switches, photo eyes, servo drives and motors.
- Safely and effectively use all shop equipment, brake, drill press, hydraulic press, grinders, etc.
- Positive "can-do" attitude and team player. Able to work in a group or individually and take initiative in getting the job done.
- PLC and refrigeration experience.
- Basic welding skills, mill, and lathe fabrication.
- Strong computer skills including JDE, MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.