Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Maintenance Millwright – Albany, GA
Are you a Maintenance Millwright who is self-motivated, committed to safety? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright in our Corrugated Box Plant in Albany, GA. Our ideal Millwright is a self-motivated, skilled hourly professional with a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and a solid foundation in the skills needed to properly maintain manufacturing equipment. This position creates value by ensuring machine reliability and uptime and identifying opportunities to maximize output without compromising quality or safety. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity and we are very interested in learning more about you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining industrial machinery
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic maintenance routines including lubricating machine tools and equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies.
- Application of simple problem solving methods such as 5Y to reduce and eliminate failures.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two (2) years of mechanical maintenance experience, e.g. millwright, pipe fitting, and/or welding, in an industrial environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors, etc.
- Experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, lubrication
- Willing and able to learn and practice Electrical and Instrumentation skills
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (protective personal equipment)
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime when needed
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Associates degree or two (2) years of study from a technical college in the fields of Industrial Maintenance or Industrial Technology
- Three (3) or more years of mechanical millwright experience in an industrial environment
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf