The successful candidate will be responsible for working with Wonderful Company operating units to assess and improve their Maintenance and Reliability functions. As part of this position you will work on projects with several different M&R and Operational Leaders in our business over time to gain a deep understanding of our Maintenance and Reliability culture, practice and philosophies. The main purpose of this role is to ensure that our company's assets deliver the required function and level of performance in terms of service or production (output), in a sustainable manner, at an optimum whole life cost without compromising health, safety, environmental performance, or the organization's reputation. A secondary purpose for this position is to build up our talent levels across our companies in the M&R area.
Here's what you'll do:
* Gain a deep understanding of the Wonderful M&R best practices and philosophies as well as the various operating companies Operational Excellence programs.
* Manage and execute appropriate M&R A3's and PDCA projects.
* Build M&R and leadership capabilities that will be a prerequisite for further career advancement
* Build and nurture relationships between Operations and M&R.
This role reports to the Director of Maintenance & Reliability, Wonderful Operational Excellence. The Operational Excellence unit of the Wonderful Company is a corporate group that works hand in hand with business unit partners to add value by consulting and advising on lean production issues.
Travel requirements are mostly within California, though we also have operations in Oregon, Texas, Europe, Mexico and Fiji. The nature of this work requires being on site implementing work and working side-by-side with operations up to four days per week. Candidate must be willing to relocate to the Central Valley in California.
One of the goals for this position is to provide a talent bench for our operating companies in all areas associated with Operations including Maintenance and Reliability, Capital Delivery, etc. As such, after a period of time in the corporate Operational Excellence unit, the successful holder of this position may transfer directly into one of our various operations positions. Or they may choose to continue their career path within the Operational Excellence group.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* Demonstrated passion for Maintenance & Reliability -- Hobbies, internships, undergraduate projects, etc.
* Practical hands on undergraduate experience in the maintenance, machine design, or operations arena.
* Demonstrated application of M&R theory to real problems.
* Ability to combine theory and practice to reach pragmatic solutions.
* Strong diagnostic, trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
* Position designed to lead to M&R management role within an operating company.
* Demonstrated understanding implementation of Total Productive Maintenance.
* Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) / FMECA.
* LEAN Process and 5S Proficiencies.
* Diagnostic and problem solving skills.
* At least 1 to 2 years' experience as part of a Maintenance and Reliability Department.
* Cross-functional knowledge, especially Materials Management (Maintenance Stores) is a plus.
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering and M&R major) or related field.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong computer skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain credibility across all levels in the business.
Required Personal Characteristics:
* Desire to make M&R his/her career for the foreseeable future.
* Demonstrated passion for solving problems and operational excellence.
* Focused, organized, results-oriented individual.
* Ability to work effectively with clients and within a team.
* Thirst for learning and open to be coached and mentored.
* Ability to connect with people.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k.
* Subsidized gym membership.
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
* Work life balance.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 9,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled