Position Title: Boilermaker/Welder Maintenance Repair B-BM Job ID Code:550909
Reports to: Maintenance/ Machine Shop Supervisor Site: Ray
Performs all maintenance boilermaker/welding tasks.
- Demonstrate competence in analysis of welding procedures necessary for specific metallurgical properties, determining materials and weld procedures for specific projects.
- Demonstrate capability to weld from all position with stick and wire feeder, Including overhead, vertical and horizontal.
- Demonstrate capability to design, layout and fabricate and analyze metal failures and repairs needed.
- Demonstrate competence in fabricating, fitting and welding material from blueprints and drawings.
- Able to operate miscellaneous hand and power tools.
- Operate measuring tools, shop support equipment, i.e., forklift, overhead crane, boom truck, and other light vehicles.
- Able to follow instructions and direction with minimal supervision.
- Understand and practice all safety procedures for work environment.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, written and verbal job continuation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform MIG and TIG welding, air arc and wire feed welding.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to meet the physical demands in a challenging work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing consensus building.
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and written).
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Technical School or one to two years related experience and/or state approved apprenticeship.
- Boilermaker/Welder (Vertical and Overhead Welding) Certification.
Must provide own tools.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
The job requires training or instruction in the area of environmental Awareness.
This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety & Health awareness including.
completion of the appropriate OSHA and/or MSHA training.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is “Safety First.” The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company match.
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the view.